Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Book Review: Princless: Save yourself

This was actually recommended to me in 2013, when it was still a webcomic… aaand I totally forgot about. Until my former library got it last summer. Now… I am in love.

I honestly don't even know where to begin with this. All I can say is praise is not enough. And it completely deserves it.

Think about every trope you have ever read/seen/heard about in fairy tales and princess movies. This story turns every single one of them upside down.

This is a the story of Princess Adrienne who, after vowing to herself to never be a damsel in distress as a young girl, finds herself at the top of a tall tower with a dragon guardian waiting to be rescued as soon as she turns sixteen. Let's just say she is NOT happy about it; so she comes up with a plan... She is going to take her dragon and rescue herself and her six sisters.


Along the way she meets Bedelia, a half-dwarf half-human blacksmith who finally designs some practical female armor (after some advice), and learns just what it will take to be her own hero.


I would recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy, strong female characters (because there are plenty to go around!), characters of color, princess stories, action stories.


It's pretty much the princess tale I have been waiting for since I learned how to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment