Sunday, July 17, 2016

Passive Programming: Book in a Jar

My new passive programming display is up and running! my boss had heard about book in a jar, and after a quick google search I totally agreed that it would be something super cool that we could do.
And after three days slicing up a book, I really like how it turned out.




To make all of this work, I had to cut up a few of the pages myself because our shredder does a really good job and all that was really left of each shred fit one or two words on it. And since I wanted people to be able guess I put a few of the key pages to the side.






I know a few people already entered the correct answer, and at least one of my coworkers got it as well, can you guess the book? If not, here's the answer

I would also just like to add that I had to work on this project at the reference desk and cannot truly describe the odd looks I got putting all this together. I can say that no one freaked out even as I was literally tearing the pages out of the book. I had to tell people what I was doing fairly often, and luckily they all seemed pretty excited about it. Although I did have one person attempt to through a piece of trash in the jar as I was filling it. 
Either way, this project was definitely worth all the work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment