Friday, October 21, 2016

"Until the very end," J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

So much has happened since the last time I wrote anything. Good and bad. And while mostly balanced in number, the bad has definitely outweighed the good, mentally.
I have started seriously looking at grad programs, and I think I know to which I would actually like to apply.
And that should be so exciting! and I mostly am. But.
Because there is always a “but,” it’s definitely been a tough few months.

A close family member died very suddenly: my maternal uncle. I spent nearly every weekend with him growing up. He was elderly, sick, and unhappy; but it was nothing life threatening. I mean, his official cause of death was “failure to thrive.” So. I guess it was that unhappiness that killed him. No guilt there, or anything.

Anyway, I mostly just wanted to write something. To make sure I don’t give it up completely. To prove to myself that my creativity is still there, somewhere under all the stress and grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment