Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Passive Programming: slight fail

So I've officially learned what not to do! I took the lead from one of my coworkers, who for New Years had a poster that patrons could sign with their goals for the upcoming year. I decided to take the idea of the board that patrons could write on.
I wanted to something cute and clever, and have patrons answer a question with a clever book title. I had seen a few memes that had gone around that had people answer multiple questions like that.
For example:
Q: "How did you spend your summer?"
A: Dealing with Dragons (By Patricia C. Wrede)


 But that's not how it turned out.

I ran into a few problems. Our newest batch of teens are currently in middle school and are not the most well behaved.
So there was an issue with tagging... the day the display went up. They would wait until I had stepped away from the desk to write all over the poster in huge letters. I had to white out at least one.







And then of the patrons who constructively participated ... they didn't get the point?
Instead of giving clever answers, where the title can grammatically answer the question, most answered with which fictional world they would want to visit. Which is fine, but not really what I had intended.









Oh well, lesson learned.



No comments:

Post a Comment