Monday, December 5, 2016

Passive Program: Self-Care Survival Guide

So this may just be my favorite display so far. And, ironically enough, the most stressful. I kept getting ideas about how to make it better, so it just kept growing. But it was definitely worth it.

I wanted to do something for the holidays that I hope hasn't really been done before. My first thought was a tongue in cheek "how to survive the Holidays display" and going through holiday by holiday. But after starting to try to put it together, it evolved into this. I also didn't want patrons to complain about a war on holidays or choosing only one holiday, or forgetting to mention another,  so I made sure it was just winter themed. The guides make mention to the most stressful time of the year, but that's it.

This is mostly an expansion of what is in the tri-fold I made with resources that can be found for free online or in the library. 

This is the Tri-fold. It full of tips on to make yourself feel better, and reminder that you don't have to kill yourself to make everyone else happy. 
The resources that either didn't fit on the board (yellow) or didn't fit into the tri-fold because they were thought of after (purple)

There's still more thing I need to add to that display, because apparently it will never actually be finished. What I want to add is one more small hand out with all the online resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment