Friday, December 29, 2017

Book Review: Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne M. Valente


16104414

This was a really cool little novel. It's definitely written in the style of a fairy tale. I really reminded me of reading a Grimm fairy tale. It was the same kind of poetic language, where some details are kind of glossed over because they're not really necessary. 

My one issue was the change in Point of View. The first third or so is told in First person, by Snow White. After she runs away, then the perspective switches to an unknown third person. It is explained in the book why it this happens, but it still knocked me out of the flow, and took me a chapter or two to get re-immersed. 

Overall this was a fantastic read, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes fairy tales, retellings of fairy tales, and female protagonists who can take care of themselves (and maybe kick some butt along the way).

No comments:

Post a Comment