Monday, February 27, 2017

Passive Programming: Civics Jeopardy

I've been moving forward with the theme of educational passive programs. For February (I know I'm so late posting this! But it's tax season and I've been busy!) I wanted to do a game of some sort. And I have been dying to do something with the bill of rights, unfortunately I couldn't quite figure out how to do just the bill of rights. Instead, what I came up with was a jeopardy game with questions based on the citizenship test. Since the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services offers a free practice test online, it wasn't difficult to pull this together. Trying to figure out how to make the board, however took forever. 
I lucked out, apparently Jeopardy held a special in Washington DC, So I didn't even have to work too hard on this sign.

This is the third version I came up with for the board. Each question in on an envelope with the answer inside (hence the white tabs).

Also made little answer sheets, that patrons could keep a tally of their answers, to see if they would pass. Since people taking the actual citizenship test need a score of 60%to pass, the same goes here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment